MyFiosGateway: Coming from Verizon, Fios Gateway router is an excellent router that delivers high-speed internet connectivity to the connected through ethernet cables and wirelessly as well. The router is quite robust and stable compared to its counterparts, making it suitable for both home and office.
The Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway router makes it easy to distribute digital media and data to multiple devices that are connected to the router. Moreover, the router is quite versatile and capable of delivering high-speed networking speeds across all the connected devices.
If you have recently bought yourself a Verizon Fios Gateway router, then you need to first set up the router in order to be able to use it in your home or office. The MyFiosgateway allows users to perform various range of actions, one of them is being able to install and setup the Fios service on your router.
With that being said, it’s fairly difficult and complicated for new users to make through the router settings without getting lost. Therefore, the intent of this article is to guide everyone on how to login to MyFiosGateway and how to change the default password of the router.
The MyFiosGateway allows you to customize and change a lot of things in your router settings to get the most out of it. So, in order to be able to use the FiOS service, you will have to first create an account on Verizon and verify it. Go ahead and follow the below-mentioned steps to get started.
2. Select the option “Need To Create New Verizon Wireless Account” located at the bottom of the page.
3. On the next screen, you need to type your email address or mobile number to create an account.
4. Now verify your newly created Verizon account simply by clicking on the verification link that you will receive on your email. That’s all! Your account is now activated and ready to use.
Once you click on the verification link, you will need to complete remaining setup such as Create Password and Greeting Name.
1. You will see an “Add an account Link“. Click it.
2. Now You have to add an account by choosing the Mobile Number option given there.
3. Every Verizon Device has a mobile number, put that mobile number in the box.
4. Click Continue and follow the given instruction to complete the account setup. That’s it.
Now coming to the main topic, there are actually two different ways to change the password and login ID of your Verizon router. You may proceed with any of the following methods to change the password of your router.
Change Password Using Fios Gateway App
Fortunately, Fios has a dedicated app for smartphone users that lets you instantly change or view your Wifi router password or login ID. The mobile app of Fios provides a seamless experience to the users. Go ahead and perform the following steps to change your router password using My Fios app.
- Go to Google Play Store or the App Store depending on your smartphone’s OS.
- Now enter My Fios in the search box and hit the search option to load the results.
- Select the official My Fios from the search results and install it on your smartphone.
- Launch the My Fios app on your device and sign in by entering your account credentials when prompted/
- Navigate to the Internet option in the app and select My network option on the next screen.
- Choose your network from the list and select the “Edit” option to change the password and login ID.
Change Password Using MyFiosGateway Service
Another way to change your Verizon Wifi router is by visiting the My Fios Gateway service web page on your device. The steps to accessing My Fios Gateway service are as follows, you may follow it on any device such as PC, Smartphone, etc.
- First of all, connect your device to the Verizon router by entering the default password.
- Now open up a web browser and enter the following IP address in the URL box and hit enter.
[ IP Address :- 192.168.1.1]
- Once the login page is loaded, you need to type in the username and default password of your router.
- You also have the option to reset the router settings in case you don’t remember your old password.
- Navigate to the Admin settings tab on the web page to find the option to edit the password of your router.
- Now simply follow the on-screen steps and enter the required details to change the password.
You can also change the login user ID from the admin settings page itself, make sure to set a strong password and unique login ID for your router to safeguard your network.
How To Find Default Password Of Verizon Router
The default password set by your manufacturer is always written on the backside of your router. Using that password, you can connect to the router or login into the router settings using MyFiosGateway service. As for the username or login ID, the default username of all Verizon router is “Admin“.
You can also find the default password of various manufacturers with just a simple search on the internet.
The process might look lengthy and time-consuming for first time users, but it’s definitely worth the effort and time. Make sure to first create your Verizon account to have complete access to your router setting on your smartphone. Go ahead and follow the aforementioned steps to change the username or password of your Verizon router.
If you face any difficulties and have any queries with respect to MyFiosGateway service, then let us know in the comment section below. We’ll be glad to help out!