Before just going to know how to fix 0x00000002, firstly we need to know about what is this and how it is caused? Then, only we will get an idea of how to fix this problem.
Also, read: Fix Roblox Error 267
What is the 0x00000002 error?
It is the hexadecimal format of the error is caused. We can call it a common error that has been caused by windows. The driver vendor uses this error code to identify the error caused. This unique error code consists of numeric error numbers and along with this, it carries some technical description.
Some windows like Windows 10 and Windows 7 users often face this problem when they try to add a network printer to the computer. This error refers that the driver of this the printer that you have installed on the computer may have been corrupted. When this problem or error occurs your PC show you the written instruction saying “Windows can’t connect to the printer, the operation may have failed due to error 0x00000002.
Cause of error 0x00000002
This error may have been caused by the window system file damage. These corrupted files can harm your computer to another limit so you need to fix this problem as soon as possible. There can be other reasons too other than this like inappropriate deletion of files if you have incomplete install or uninstall the application or maybe your computer gets corrupted by viruses or you may have not properly shut down the computer can result in this error.
All the above-listed causes can result in this error and your computer will inturn get corrupted to the next level.
Also, read: How to Fix Origin Won’t Open
How to Fix 0x00000002?
In this article, I will give you some tips to solve the error 0x00000002 easily so that you can battle this problem yourself. So, what are we waiting for let’s get started guys:-
By creating a New Local port
For creating this you have to follow some steps given below-
- Press the start button and there opens the control panel, click on it.
- Now, double-tap on device and printer menu.
- Click on Add a Printer option coming onscreen.
- Here, you need to select on the “ Create a new port” option and click on a local port. Now, in the local port box enter the port name means the IP address of the host computer as well as the share name of the printer.
- Now, click on the next option.
- Further, install it. But during installation choose the correct driver in the driver list menu.
By restarting the printer spooler service:
- For this, you have to firstly click on the windows button and letter R (Win Key + R) simultaneously on the keyboard.
- After clicking this you will see a Run dialog box appears.
- In the Run dialog box, you have to type ‘msc’ and then click on the OK button just below it.
- After pressing OK you will now see a ‘Name list’ open then here you have to double click on the Printer Spooler icon.
- Here, you will see Service status then click stop icon.
- Now, click the start button to start the services again.
After following all these steps, add your printer again to the device and see if the problem has been solved or not.
By removing the Printer device:
If the problem yet persists then follow the below-given steps:-
- Press the window button and the letter R (Win Key + R) at the same time.
- Then, you will see a Rum Dialog box appear on your computer screen.
- In the Run Dialog box, you have to type “printmanagement.msc” and after typing this click on the OK button given below it.
- Just after clicking OK, you will see ‘All Drivers‘ option coming on the left pane menu. Click on it.
- When All Driver menu opens you have to right-click on the printer option available in the right pane and then click on the “Delete” option coming in the pop-up menu.
- Now, connect the printer again.
By restoring your System
- Firstly start your computer and log in to it.
- Click on the start icon that you are quite familiar with. Then select the ‘All program‘ option.
- Go to the accessories menu and then to system tools here you have to click on the ‘system restore‘ option.
- In just a second, you will see an option saying ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time‘ click on it.
- Press the next option.
- Now select the most recent system from “on this list”, click on restore point list then again click next.
- Now, reboot your computer once the restoration process gets finished.
These were some of the solutions from which you can easily solve 0x00000002 errors on your computer. Try it and you will get the results.